Pets requiring hospitalisation over-night are usually sent to our Holland Park practice.
We currently provide “out of hours” experienced care & monitoring of hospitalised patients by our on-site veterinary nurse intern. For critical and intensive care patients we would recommend referral to one of the excellent veterinary emergency facilities available in the Brisbane area.
(Also see “Pet Services” drop down menu for more detailed information)
Veterinary Services we provide are:
- Vaccinations for all your pets. Specialised vaccinations such as FIV (Feline Aids) vaccinations – see our website article.
- Vaccination Protocols in Pups and Kittens.
- Consultations 6 days per week. Closed on Sundays.
- Desexing – This surgery is explained in more detail under our <Pet Services Menu>
- General Surgical Procedures including Orthopaedics ( such as ACL Repairs)
- Dental Procedures and Dental Radiology
- Blood and Pathology Services including Health Screening for pets – Either In-House or using the excellent services of Idexx Pathology Laboratories or QML Vetnostics.
- Digital Radiology and Ultrasound Services are referred to our Holland Park practice, although some ultrasound diagnostics need to be referred to a visiting specialist.
- Ophthalmic Examinations and Tonometry (Glaucoma Management)
- House calls by arrangement
- We provide and advise on Heartworm Prevention, Flea and Tick Control, and Intestinal Worming for your pet.
- We also provide a choice of 2 competitive on-line sites for purchase of vet and pet products at VetslovePets and Obay. Whilst we do earn a small commission from these sites we are always happy to provide free advice and support in helping you choose the best product for your pet.
- Quality diets and nutritional petcare advice.
- Pet Value Plans to spread your veterinary costs.
- We believe in the benefit and value of Pet Insurance. See more information under our Links menu option.
- Senior & Geriatric Pet Care for older pets.
- I.D. Microchipping & Customised Pet Tags, view Pet Address
- Puppy Pre-School Classes for both Clinics are held at our Holland Park Clinic
- Access on-site and/or Referral to a varied range of Specialist Services
- Grooming – by appointment – on-site at Holland Park.
- Hydrobathing – by our staff on alternate Saturday mornings by appointment at Holland Park.
- Emergency After-Hour Referral: The Holland Park Vet Clinic and Carina Veterinary Clinic recommend Animal Emergency Services at Underwood.
Our Holland Park practice has parking available on-site and access for disabled persons. Carina has kerbside parking directly outside the clinic or nearby. Both premises are air-conditioned.
For all your pet’s preventative and remedial health care!