Holland Park and Carina Veterinary Clinics.
COVID-19 Update (March 18 – 2020) (ARTICLE 2 of 2) Updated 18/4/2020
Until advised otherwise, we are open as normal – we are maintaining our vet and nurse roster, but this may come under pressure depending on further developments.
Here are some Guidelines to help both humans and their pets if you are affected by the following circumstances :
1) If your pet needs veterinary attention and:
• You have been overseas within the last 21 days OR
• You are experiencing symptoms that perhaps could indicate exposure to COVID-19 Virus OR
• been instructed to self-isolate.
Then please phone us for advice and we can make a plan In line with current Health Authority advice and social distancing recommendations. We will aim to keep waiting times to a minimum. Please proceed to Step 2 guidelines.
2) If it is possible to have a face to face visit at the clinic:
Then we ask you to phone and book an appointment. Please do not use on-line appointment scheduling. Whilst on the phone please explain the reason for your pet’s visit. For example, is it routine such as a vaccination or do you have concerns about your pet’s health? Please give as much information regards your pet as possible or even email a detailed summary of your concerns if need be.
Please be advised ( as per Vet’ Surgeons Board Recommendations) that we are limiting the number of elective consultations and procedures booked in any one day. This will apply to vaccinations (boosters) for adult pets and for desexings. This allows for space to perform priority consultations and surgery for sick or injured pets. Our Clinics currently also have a locked door policy to limit crowding in the waiting room and to respect social distancing rules.
At the time of your arrival at our clinic:
• Limit the number of people presenting your pet to just one owner or carer,
• Or arrange a person who does not qualify for the points in Section 1, to present your pet.
• When arriving for your appointment please phone us from your car and we can return the phone call to welcome you into the clinic when we are ready to see your pet. We will endeavour to see you in the order that you are scheduled. Please indicate if you have an emergency situation.
* We currently have increased our staffing levels to accommodate for maximal “social distancing” during consultations and at reception service.
• If you need to cancel any appointment please let us know as soon as possible.
FOR ALL CUSTOMERS :
• Please use hand sanitisers located in the clinic.
• Please adhere to “safe distancing” (1.5 meter) practices. Currently we also allow only one owner (carer), if needed, per pet in the consult room. We also recommend one person per pet in the waiting/ reception area. This also pertains to dropping off and picking up hospitalised cases and best to organise a time for the latter.
• Please phone in advance to order required prescription medicine repeats or food, worming and flea control products so we can arrange to have them ready for you without the need to wait for too long when picking them up. Perhaps organise a specific time for your pick-up and let us know by phone when you arrive.
To keep everyone (staff and customers) healthy in our vet practice we are working hard to ensure we maintain a high standard of infection control protocols within our two clinics.
Thank you for your understanding and co-operation. This situation is continually evolving, and we will provide updates as required.
(Article In Conjunction with the AVA)